The Longman Dictionary of Common Errors is based entirely on a corpus of genuine students' writing - the Longman Learner's Corpus. This means it gives a true insight into the common errors that students make in their spoken and written work, and provides clear and easy-to-use methods to avoid and correct these errors.
- Over 2500 alphabetical entries, with language notes giving clear explanations of the problems underling each error
- Authentic example sentences taken from the British National Corpus showing correct use in context
- 30 special language features focusing on key problem areas
- Illustrations to aid comprehension and reinforce meaning
- Comprehensive cross-references help you locate entries easily
- Glossary of all grammatical terms used in the entries